The following principles form the learning and teaching framework at Little Dalton:
- To create a nurturing and caring learning community for children, parents and teachers in which individual development is fostered through collective cooperation.
- To deliver a child-led curriculum that considers each student’s interests, abilities and needs designed to nurture and promote social, emotional, linguistic, cognitive and physical development.
- To inculcate intellectual independence and risk-taking through inquiry, direct experience, reading and collaboration.
- To instil a sense of ethics, moral values, respect and responsibility towards others.
- To work closely with leading Dalton schools to share best practice, conduct joint programmes, adopt innovations and provide professional development.
- To engage researchers and institutions in Greater China to effectively and continuously enhance our bilingual programme.
- To adopt innovative educational tools and methodologies through technology and various media.
- To value and respect our teachers and administrators as the keys to delivering a world-class education. This includes engaging the best teachers and administrators and retaining them through shared values and goals, extensive opportunities for challenge and professional development and competitive compensation.
The Dalton Plan
The Dalton Plan is based on an educational pioneer, Helen Parkhurst’s strong belief that whenever children are given responsibility for their learning, they instinctively seek the best way of achieving it and execute their decisions with focus and diligence, leading to success.
Little Dalton is a private independent kindergarten with a diverse student body which provides child-centered education for families in Hong Kong.
Little Dalton is a progressive, dual kindergarten guided by The Dalton Plan. Our curriculum is specially designed and delivered by experts to combine rigour and creativity.