A Day At Little Dalton
Our Little Dalton routine is dedicated to holistic learning and is aimed at developing students according to the different learning areas outlined by our Early Years Foundation Stages curriculum. Student interests and essential life skills are nurtured throughout our daily routines and a great deal of agency is given to students to allow them to lead in the classroom. Our Dual Language program ensures learning through an immersion process throughout our daily routine. Focused language instruction alternates each day and one dual language instruction day per week supports student learning through metalinguistic connections.
During our class routine students are involved in:
Our K1 and K2 full-day students benefit from:
- Extended full day supervision by our Early Years professionals
- A supported lunch time focused on extending student social and self-care skills development
- Extended sessions with specialist teachers
- Extended time dedicated to Literacy LAB and STEAM LAB with classroom teachers
- Additional free play and choice time sessions for students to further explore their interests and life skills in dedicated learning stations
- Additional quiet time activities or nap time depending on individual student needs
The Dalton Plan
The Dalton Plan is based on an educational pioneer, Helen Parkhurst’s strong belief that whenever children are given responsibility for their learning, they instinctively seek the best way of achieving it and execute their decisions with focus and diligence, leading to success.
Little Dalton is a private independent kindergarten with a diverse student body which provides child-centered education for families in Hong Kong.
Little Dalton is a progressive, Dual Language Kindergarten guided by The Dalton Plan. Our curriculum is specially designed and delivered by experts to combine diligence and creativity.